Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Tuesday Book Club: Memoirs of a Geisha


 Today I present the book that goes along with my ALL-TIME favourite movie:

ARTHUR GOLDEN - Memoirs of a Geisha

I saw the movie about a 100 times and I am still in awe everytime I watch it. It is without a doubt the most visually appealing movie I have ever seen, blowing my mind every single time and it so deserved the Academy Award for best costume design! I saw the movie first but since most of the time I find the books to go along better I purchased this book and it totally did not disappoint. I also can say that this is one of the few times where the movie adaption does not disappoint either, though I do have to admit that the suffering of the main protagonist is more noticeable and evident in the book. Nonetheless, this is one that I've also read multiple times and I just love the story so so much! My favourite.

Have you guys seen the movie?

xx, V

No comments:

Post a Comment