Monday, July 8, 2013

Jil Sander got a sister!


Ladies and gents, may I present to you my new Baby aka my newest addition to my designer handbag collection. So far I only possessed a Louis Vuitton limited edition bag (don't know the name and don't really dig the bag that much anymore!) and my beloved Jil Sander market bag. However, I've been eyeing Michael Kors for the longest time since I generally love his design vision, and I really wanted a classy black bag from his brand. Tadaaaaaa....I bought this baby last Saturday on a rather spontaneous shopping spree. As you may know I am doing an internship for a fashion company right now and one of the perks that comes with it is an employee discount in their stores. They have tons of pretty stuff but the minute I entered the bag section this beauty caught my eye as it was exactly what I was looking for. Big enough to fit notebooks, etc. but not superbulky. Love at first sight you may call it! And even though I can consider myself somewhat broke, I absolutely do not regret this purchase. When it comes to bags, buying high quality really pays off. I don't know how many H&M/Forever21/etc. bags I had that broke within the shortest time or started looking really rubbish and the older I get the more I feel like I'd rather have less bags but higher quality ones that basically last me a lifetime.

Meine Damen und Herren, hiermit präsentiere ich das neueste Familienmitglied in meiner - doch recht kleinen - Designertaschensammlung. Bisher besaß ich nur eine Louis Vuitton Limited edition Tasche (bin aber kein Fan der Marke mehr daher ist die nur Deko in meiner Wohnung!) und meine geliebte Jil Sander Market bag. Wenn man so will könnte man vl noch meine personalisierte Cambridge Satchel dazuzählen. Wie dem auch sei, seit schon geraumer Zeit habe ich ein Auge auf Taschen von Michael Kors geworfen da ich generell ein großer Fan der Designästhetik des Altmeisters bin. Seit Samstag kann ich mich nun endlich stolze Besitzerin einer Michael by Michael Kors Jet Set Travel Bag nennen, ein doch recht spontaner Kauf. Wie ihr vielleicht wisst absolviere ich gerade ein Praktikum bei einem Modeunternehmen und ein positiver Nebeneffekt neben der Lernerfahrung ist, dass ich Prozente aufs Soritment bekomme. Und das Sortiment hat es in sich - ich fürchte schon einen Bankrott :-D In dem Moment wo ich die Taschenabteilung betreten habe ist mir dieses Modell ins Auge gesprungen. Ich wollte schon länger eine eher klassische, schwarze Tasche (wenn möglich eben Michael K.) in die doch genug reinpasst dass ich sie auch für die Uni verwenden kann, sie aber nicht unhandlich groß ist. Und diese Tasche ist da echt Perfektion! Somit bereue ich den Kauf trotz der Tatsache dass mein Budget sehr geschrumpft ist kein bisschen. Wenns um Taschen geht macht sich das extra an Qualität nämlich echt bezahlt. Ich kann euch gar nicht sagen wie unzählig viele H&M und Co. Taschen im Laufe der Jahre kaputt gegangen sind oder nach kürzester Zeit verbraucht ausgesehen haben. Je älter ich werde desto mehr schaue ich auf Qualität und habe statt unzählig vielen Taschen lieber nur ein paar wenige, aber dafpr qualitativ hochwertigere, die dann auch wesentlich länger halten!

xx, V

ps.: I had to do a selfie of my head/hair cuz for once I got out of bed and actually did not have a bad hair day :-D

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that is such an amazing style!! You’re a true fashion goddess and a bold and inspiring fashionista. Your blog defines the peaks of trendiness and inspirations anew... ;)

    That is SO stunning, I hardly have the words to describe it, but I hope you see my enthusiasm – in fact, the enthusiasm and adoration caused by your unique creativity.

    Love
    Ninon

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING bag x

    Cat

    dropsoffashionthread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean brother? ;)

    Love it!!

    ReplyDelete