Saturday, June 22, 2013

An old flame...

source

Lately I've been totally obsessing over a nailpolish that's been in my collection forever. I still remember when Lauren Conrad posted a picture on her Blog talking about her love for a similar green polish and basically the next day I went out to purchase the next best thing: ESSIE Sew Psyched. And I never looked back. However, within the last months I've been totally neglecting this polish, kinda considering it way to dull a color. However, last week I decided to give it another try and boy did I do this color injustice! Maybe it's because I was too pale earlier that I always skipped this one (even though it was part of a winter collection) but now that I have a tan I think this is THE perfect color. Plus it goes on so smoothly. I could probably get away with one coat with this one but out of habit I always use 2 coats and they dry relatively quickly too. With my tanned skin this color always reminds me of the jungle. The 2nd pic doesn't do it justice as it has a too strong blue undertone. It is much more of a muted, greyish green in real life. Much more like the first pic. Nonetheless, I am absolutely in love with this right now and it's a nice colorful getaway from my usual bright red or nude nail colors. What are u wearing on your nails right now?

In letzter Zeit bin ich total besessen von einem Nagellack der sich doch schon relativ lang in meiner Sammlung befindet. Ich kann mich noch genau erinnern dass ich vor einer halben Ewigkeit auf Lauren Conrad's Blog einen Post über ihren grünen Lieblingslack gesehen habe und praktisch am nächsten Tag bin ich losgezogen und habe mir die nächstbeste Farbe besorgt: ESSIE Sew Psyched. Und ich habe nie mehr zurückgesehen. Trotzdem habe ich die Farbe in den letzten Monaten total vernachlässigt und fand die Farbe lange Zeit nicht mehr passend. Der Lack gefiel mir einfach nicht mehr. Letzte Woche habe ich ihm dann jedoch wieder eine Chance gegeben und seitdem bin ich total verrückt nach Sew Psyched. Vielleicht liegts auch einfach daran dass ich schon seit Ewigkeiten keine richtige Sommerbräune mehr hatte und den Lack auf blasser Haut nicht mag obwohl er Teil einer Winterkollektion war. Mit meiner derzeitigen Sommerbräune liebe ich die Farbe einfach und sie erinnert mich an den Jungle. Außerdem lässt sich der Lack supereinfach auftragen und deckt mehr oder minder sogar schon in einer Schicht und die Trockenzeit kann sich auch sehen lassen! Das 2. Bild hier tut dem Lack eigentlich nicht Recht da er in Realität weniger Blaustich hat und vielmehr einen grauen Unterton besitzt, ähnlich dem ersten Bild. Jedenfalls bin ich total verliebt in diese Farbe und seh sie als nette Abwechslung zu meinen typischerweise knallroten oder Nude Farben. Was trägt ihr so im Moment auf euren Nägeln?

xx, V

4 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous colour! I love it, and it looks so cute with your ring. I currently have an MUA £1 nail polish on my nails called Koala Bear and it's so cute! xx
    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Essie is my fav! x

    www.carefulfeet.me

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your ring.

    christian | my blog :
    www.christianyuen.blogspot.com
    greetings from hong kong
    peace. x

    ReplyDelete